Wednesday 23 May 2012

happy birthday daddy :) ♥


today's my daddy's birthday so i thought i'd dedicate this to him :)
my dad is the ultimate inspiration in my life because if you had just spoken to him once,
you'd understand how genuine he is - of course, from his experiences;
but most importantly, it was his morals.

my dad is the cool laid-back type so he let me explore the world the way i wanted to.
he let me make the mistakes i needed to make in order to learn from them,
and he taught me the many things i didn't know and helped me understand them.

when i was in my early-teens, i was quite rebellious and went out quite often.
my parents would worry about what i was doing or who i was with,
and my mum used to lecture the life outta me and impose curfews etc..
and maybe it was because she did all those things, that i never really listened
until my dad sat on the side of my bed one morning and just said,

"you can explore the world in your own way and in your own time,
your mum is only telling you off because she's worried.
but i know you're a smart girl and you know right from wrong
so as long as you stick to what you know, you'll be fine out there"

thank you daddy for all that you have given me
and for all that you have taught me about the big world out there.
you've let me see the most fearful and most beautiful things in this world.
happy birthday, god bless you and i love you!

No comments: