Monday 12 September 2011

why can't i make you happy..?

drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain
kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain
i don't know what to do anymore..
if i don't deserve you, and you deserve better..
the answer's simple: i leave you for you to find your happiness.
but i don't want to.. this is so selfish of me, but i don't want you to go.
i want you to be able to have the love and happiness you deserve,
i'm just disappointed because i know it's not with me.

i get so annoyed over everything you say or do.
i don't listen and i'm stubborn and selfish.
i never take your feelings into consideration,
you're right.. it's almost always about me and how i feel
and what i wanna do and where i wanna go.

i'm sorry..
i don't know what to say other than that.
and the thing is, we both know that that alone isn't enough.
words mean nothing when there is no action.
apologising is useless if there is no change.
and we both know that for someone with a personality like me,
it's almost impossible to become a better person.

i've tried. i really did.
but i guess it was nowhere near enough.

what's wrong with me?!
just thinking about my own character
gets me so angry at myself.
god help me, if that's even possible.

No comments: