Wednesday 30 December 2009

a broken family, broken hearts.


karman's bank statement came in the post
and mum opened it and was not impressed.
there were records of her withdrawing
during school times and a few hours later,
she'd be in loughton, essex, withdrawing again.
my mum put the pieces together -
school times, withdrawing money, gavin,
only equals one conclusion anyway.
i didn't even notice she'd started bunking.
how could i be so clueless?

she always went overboard with paypal,
i think she signed up for a business account
unknowingly and completely oblivious
to the fact she'd been paying with direct debit
every money towards paypal.
eventually she ended up with an overdraft.
it's a debit account, wtf?

mum and dad have been there and done that.
the whole, borrowing and being in debt situation.
i remember when my ex borrowed off big keith,
and i was paying it back for him, and i was short
around £40 and my mum was asking
where my money was going, and i said that i owed people.
and she quickly got out the amount and told me
to pay it back as soon as possible.
i told her i would pay it back myself and
and she insisted on giving me a cheque, i didn't take it.
i guess when it comes to situations like this,
she just worries for us and doesn't want us
to make the same mistakes and cause trouble in the future.

my dad told mum to give karman a chance in london.
as in, give her freedom and trust her to behave.
but now he feels betrayed and he says, that even this time,
he can't back her up because she'll never learn.

mum, dad and karman spent all night arguing.
and as i was by the door listening in,
chantel came into my room crying.
initially saying she couldn't sleep, but i knew.
i just hugged her and she started crying so much.
when she calmed down, she slept on my bed.
she hates it when our family breaks down,
and this time, it was all down to one person.
if there's one thing in this family, is that you don't lie.
there are no secrets, because we're binded by love.
more like, blinded.

karman is the only one who can make mum cry like that.
i don't think karman realises how lucky she is.
she gets money poured into her accounts labour-free.
i have to work for £30 and mum would just give her £300.
to be honest, it's also a lesson for my mum to learn.
even if you trust someone so much, like your daughter,
she will eventually abuse that trust.
as much as you think she won't, as much as you won't believe it.

today, karman bought a phone top up.
she is still planning on talking to gavin,
even though my dad was furious.
and she had promised my parents she would
never speak to him or see him again.
when will she learn?!
i feel so useless.
i'm just sitting back,
and watching her break my parents again.

No comments: