Monday 7 March 2011

a moment of thankfulness♥

i have 9 school weeks left which meeeans..
no time for messing around like last year again.
today, when i got my first mock back (eco)
it hit our whole class kind of smack-bang in our faces.

i guess it's because we don't really realise how close we are
to our summer exams and more retakes and almost..
how vulnerable we are to losing those university places.
sanghvi was right; if we keep going at the way we are,
we're not gonna be going to uni next year at all.

today, i realised i took my family for granted, almost too much.
and for me to have to watch a clip about the people in africa
in order to realise how truly lucky i am..
it makes me feel like an ungrateful piece of shxt.

i say i'm grateful for what i've been given and what i have;
but i've never really let the people who have given me those things,
know that i am genuinely grateful and appreciative for them.

firstly, i would like to thank my beloved parents.
for always providing me with the necessities for a successful life.
for always protecting me and providing me with food on the table every day.
for ensuring that i have the best of the best education.
for always being the reason i smile on a shxtty day
(even if you both do drive me crazy sometimes)
and for and respecting me as the person i've become.
thank you for not letting me stray and lose myself.
i love you both so much♥

secondly, i would like to thank my beautiful sisters.
although you've all proven age and annoyance positively correlate,
you guys have always been the reason as to why i try my best in all that i do.
i try hard in school to give you something to work towards
because i know your potentials and i know that you can all do better than me.
when i hit a dead end and i feel like everything's falling apart,
you guys are just somehow there to yank me onto my feet again;
you make me stronger every time.
i love all three of you, not one more, not one less♥

thirdly, i would like to thank my boyfriend's family.
for accepting me as your other half.
and for accepting me under your roof.
you have provided both me and sister, with warmth and love.
i have never been to anyone's house (other than my own)
that would welcome me as their own.
i've always learnt to be precautious and my guard is always up,
but ever since you all took us in, i haven't felt so relieved in so long.
i love you all dearly♥

and now last but not least, i would like to thank my loving boyfriend.
for going along with all my crazy ideas and adventures.
for bringing me happiness and smiles, day and night.
for always trying your best to keep me happy.
for putting a roof over my head and keeping me warm and fed.
for being there to embrace me when i feel like the world's against me.
for holding my hand and being by my side no matter what.
for buying me gifts that no one else would think to buy.
you really are the light at the end of my tunnel.
and whenever i feel lost and i can't find my way out,
i'll run towards that light as long as you're there with open arms.
because i don't even know where to start to show you how touched i am,
for loving me as me, and no one else.

No comments: