Saturday 27 February 2010

so much to say, so little time.

love doesn't hurt,
the absence of it does.

i'm sorry for crying the other day.
i'm sorry there are times i can't be strong.
i'm sorry i can't be as strong as you want me to be.

i'm happy that when i am with you,
you give me your full attention,
and are willing to care for me.
but when i am not, and i call you,
because i have something to say,
there's something about you,
that makes it hard for me to tell you.

like you have no time to speak to me,
and when you do, you're doing something else,
or you're uninterested, or you're falling asleep.

so when you read this,
you might feel apologetic,
and want to make it up to me,
but it could be too late,
because i'll have already confided
in someone else.

you might say it's never too late,
to tell you anything that i want to.
but it could be, that what i was going to tell you
is something i don't want to mention now,
and something i just want to forget now.

i know you have your own life too,
and you have other things to do.
but i just wish, that when i call you
really early in the morning, or really late at night,
you'd realise it's because i have something to say,
and pushing me away means i hold it in.
so when i cry, it's the result.

No comments: