Saturday 7 November 2009

48 days to go! ♥

The world is changing, I'm rearranging.
Does that mean Christmas changes to you?

48 days until Christmas! Oxford Street has millions of decorations up already and the street is so packed you can hardly get from Debenhams to John Lewis, but as much as it aggravates me, I love the busy atmosphere of Christmas shoppers. I love buying presents, and then wrapping them up in the cutest paper with cute little bows and ribbons! Little things like this make me happy because I know that it makes others happy when they receive them :)
The smile on my five year old sister's innocent face lights up the room and warms up the house like a fireplace. The laughter overtakes the music and the carols in the background. Christmas greetings and "thank you"s brings out the essence of giving and receiving.
I wish it snowed bang on Christmas day, that would be so amazing!
Call me immature and completely oblivious, but I can't wait to stay up watching Love Actually and The Grinch and Mickey's First Christmas ohmigawd! It's so fun sitting in front of a 60 inch widescreen with junk food all around you. 
I'm doing "Secret Santa" with my friends so we can save money whilst being able to give and receive with every member of our friendship group. Sounds like fun because there are new friends amongst us too! I can't wait!
And no matter what you all say to me, I still think Santa Claus is real.
Because I definitely saw him!
You're all doomed to turn into his little elves because you don't believe me :D

Don't be a Grinch and spoil Christmas for anyone this Christmas!
Or any Christmas for that matter.
Because it's only at this time of the year, you will realise,
how important your friends and family are to you.
And even without the luxury of Christmas trees and turkey,
and gifts to give or receive, all you need is each other :)

No comments: