Friday 6 November 2009

bffl.

"She's being a complete bitch because she misses you.
After being friends for four years, I shouldn't have to tell you this."

As you grow older, there are more and more "not haves."
There are more and more problems that cannot be solved.
After we've grown up, there are more and more words
that have no way of being responded to.
After we've grown up, there are more and more times
when there is no one to take care of us.
After we've grown up, there are also more and more unreasonable relationship setbacks.
After we grow up, there really are more and more "not haves."
But those "not haves" make people grow up.
There are too many times in life, when you have to accept what you can't accept.

You're
the one I could call at 3am,
the one I could walk with in silence and it'd be comfortable,
the one who would read my thoughts before I could speak,
the one who would stay up msn-ing me for hours,
the one who would come out shopping with me because I was stressed,
the one who would never get annoyed at my constant cold-sniffing during maths,
the one I would always call first with gossip,
the one who would spend ages trying to talk some sense into me,
the one who would always be there when my mum went insane,
the one I could just turn up at your doorstep looking like a complete mess,
and you'd bring out all those chick flicks and we'd eat kitkats all night,
and you wouldn't ask because I knew you would always be there.
You're my best friend.

Now sixth form's started, everyone has actually changed a lot.
I mean, it's cool because everyone's making new friends etc,
but you shouldn't forget your old friends..
Without you, I am reduced to near-nothing,
where the only thing I have left is my admiration for you from afar.
We'll get into stupid arguments over nothing,
and half the time, I know I start it, and I'd be a complete bitchandahalf.
I don't know how to show it: I miss you.
I miss the lunches and the nights we'd spend over pizza hut and gossip.
Now, whenever I speak to you, I feel like we're in completely different worlds.
I don't know how to talk to you. 

I feel her slipping through my fingers,
now she's gone I'm sleeping with the light on.

No comments: