Friday 20 November 2009

your loss.

one day, you're going to wake up,
and realise how much you truly love her.
and when that day comes
she'll be waking up next to the guy
who knew all along.

here i go.
back in the day, about 3 years ago,
i told you i really liked you, even loved.
3 years on, you're telling me
you liked me the whole time.
things don't work like that,
you rejected me.

i truly liked you with my pathetic heart,
and you're saying that you didn't choose me,
because of the "age issue."
you chose someone else
who apparently, you didn't know the age of,
until you found out and then broke up with her.
we lost contact and you dated someone else
for many many months.

you broke up with her, and came back.
but i had someone else.
we lost contact again,
and we bumped into each other after a year,
and the first thing you said to me was
"you look different, you've changed."
and told me you might like me.

my relationship ended and you're telling me now,
that you loved me all along and you love me now.
i'm sorry, but i'm not going to throw myself at you.

i feel like you only came back because
 the ugly duckling finally transformed into a swan.
i feel like you only want me now because
i'm no longer the immature chubby little kid
who spent months trying for you but never gave up.

"me: you had your chance, and you blew it.
you: well i'm sorry for being the stupid idiot i am."

it's okay, i forgive you.
but it's in the past and it doesn't change anything.
you: "but the past is what shapes the future."
me: yes, a future without us.

you said you don't want to lose me,
you won't.
we'll always be friends.

i'm so angry at you, but i forgive you.
you ditched me for someone who looked older, then for a model.
so i won't throw myself into a relationship with you
giving you false hope.
things have happened and we have both changed.

i feel like you only like the new me,
you never looked at me twice 3 years ago.
so don't tell me you love me if you can't even say it to me
when i'm at my worst.

No comments: