Monday 21 June 2010

two souls as one♥

just because somebody doesn't love you
the way you want them to,
doesn't mean they don't love you
with all they have.
girls always complain about how their boyfriends
don't spend the whole 24 hours showering them with gifts,
or texts or calls.

but honestly, they can't possibly be spending
the entire day telling you how much they love you
for the rest of the days that they'll spend with you.

i'm sure all us girls can agree that,
at the beginning, when you first started dating,
everything was absolutely amazing, just perfect.

and as you both begin to progress,
everything starts to die down and there's no more chase.
but actually, asking for your boyfriend/girlfriend
to chase you as long as you are together,
is actually quite tiring for them.

i came to realise this during the third/fourth month
i was with my boyfriend, and i'd had no credit for some time.
but i was expecting him to call me every night,
and text me at every waking hour.
a bit too much right?

and when he didn't, i'd say how he wasn't making an effort.
and only recently, when i'd started using my contract phone.
i've come to realise how wrong i was.
a relationship requires effort from the both of you.
it takes two to tangle.

we text and call each other more often now.
maybe with the excuse that we're engaged?
but either way, he still calls me more often -
even if it isn't at every waking hour,
but every night seems fair.

i don't know why, but it's always been hard for me to apologise.
i've always been one to think that i was right in all that i do,
and if i was ever wrong, people would let me know i was right,
and the only people who ever corrected me were my parents.
and as i grew up, they weren't always around.

so, as a public declaration on my blog (:
i'm sorry for being so ignorant and stubborn.
i now truly understand what it means when they say,
it takes two to tangle.

and to make things work, we both need to make the effort.
and for every time we argue about the most stupid things,
i will try my best to put down my stubborness and childish behaviour,
to be the first to say; "baby, there's no point arguing about this.
lets talk this through. because i love you.
and things like this will sort itself out as long as you love me too."

No comments: