Sunday 6 June 2010

yes, i wish i was that pretty too.

stop trying so hard with the makeup.
stop trying so hard to be someone you're not.
remember when we were friends,
and you'd call me every night and talk till 3am.
remember when you told me who
you thought the prettiest girl was.
remember when it wasn't me.
i bet you didn't hear the disappointment in my voice.
i always thought i was a good actress.

i changed my dp because i didn't want you
to think what you had just told me today.
but i hope you realise, that my photos aren't half
as 'revealing' as the ones you have on your laptop
and the ones you had on your phone.
'i like the way my photo was taken' too.

and maybe because i try too hard to be like
those girls that you said were pretty,
the ones that always seem to outshine girls like me.
because i want you to only ever have eyes for me.
remember all the girls you named? i do.
and not one of them was me.

remember what you rated me?
well if you don't, i'll refresh your memory.
i got an 8, lol.
i guess it doesn't really matter now,
'cause when i think of it, i just laugh.

i know i'll never be as pretty as aarika au.
or as skinny as your ex-girlfriend.
but i'm me.
take it, or leave it.

No comments: